Monday, March 22, 2010

Men can still be romantic... even after they're married

Yesterday evening, Tim had mentioned that he had a "surprise" for me after the munchkins went to bed. I figured it was food (probably chocolate...) since he went grocery shopping while Sonya and I napped in the afternoon. So, we got Caleb in his bed, prayed together and sang his songs. I was sitting in our room nursing Sonya and heard some banging around in the kitchen. I had no idea what Tim was doing in there. Then I heard Caleb say something about food and a blanket. He must've gotten up and was spying on Tim. (He's been a bit of a punk lately while taking his sweet time to go to sleep and constantly getting up to go to the bathroom ... even if he doesn't really have to go... and then getting drinks of water).

Anyway, I was finally done feeding Sonya and went out to the living room. Tim had laid out a blanket and had a tray of different foods: strawberries with fruit dip, bagel chips with Port Wine cheese spread, and 2 Reese's peanut butter cups. Plus, he had bought some Door County Apple Wine and had 2 wine glasses sitting out. Of course, Caleb had to peak around the corner and ask if he could have some chocolate. We sent him back to bed with the promise that we would save a piece for him. Sonya was pretty good for the most part. She actually took her pacifier for a little bit.

We played Valentine's Day checkers. It was a special version that Tim bought me for Valentine's Day, but we've only played once before. There's different activities that your opponent has to do when you skip one of their checkers: Give neck rub, Tell a joke, Kiss me, Do something silly, Talk about 1st date, etc.. We also read through the Bible passages that we had read at our wedding and discussed areas that we could improve our love.


After we cleaned up our picnic, Tim gave me a foot rub while we watched a movie, "Last Chance Harvey," with Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson.

I love my husband. :-)

3 comments: