Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Blogging Funk

So I feel like I've been in a bit of a blogging funk and just need to force myself to type something, anything. Lots of ideas have been floating around in my head, but I'm never by the computer when I actually feel ambitious enough to follow through. One of my professors in college was a big advocate of free writing.  Free writing is supposed to be a string of random thoughts that don't necessarily make sense. I kind of cheat a little bit though and delete and re-write when I think the sole purpose of the exercise is just to create a few paragraphs of word vomit. I know that sounds a bit gross, but I couldn't think of a better way to phrase it and I'm determined to just type as things pop into my head versus going back to ponder on a good synonym. This is kind of relaxing. :-) Maybe I'll figure out what I can write about..... I've been meaning to put up some pictures from this past weekend. I've also wanted to just do a post in Spanish, just to be different. I should probably update Grace Like Rain. Oh yeah... I would like to play around with some formatting and my overall look of my blogs again too. Going back to posting ideas: to nurse or not to nurse anymore, dealing with a crabby little boy, and I'm sure there are others floating around in my head somewhere. I guess that's all for now. It feels good to just spill my thoughts out on a blank page without trying to make it sound or look just so. Freedom!

1 comment:

  1. I totally know what you mean. I'm very particular about blogging... I hate being a perfectionist! I loved your free style writing here:) and a post in spanish would be so cool! I could translate probably three words lol! But I loved spanish when I took it!

    ReplyDelete