It seems that the more I pray, the more God challenges me. I've been praying a lot about the house that He has in mind for us. Sometimes I wonder why He even lets me get my hopes up about certain houses... only to have them crushed when we learn that the house has an accepted offer or they've taken their house off the market. Yesterday was one of those days of disappointment. I'm learning to just trust that God knows what's best for us. When I look back on some of the doors and windows that He has closed, I realize that maybe that house wasn't quite right for our family. It's still possible that a window or door might open up again. He might be doing some work with the seller's family that we don't know about.
It's funny how I've started praying for complete strangers. Tim suggested that we pray that the buyers on a house we liked would win the lottery or get a really fantastic job in another state so they'd have to pull their offer on the house and we'd be next in line since we put a secondary offer on it. On another house, I'm praying that a woman gets to keep her job and/or they are able to still qualify for a loan on the house that they have an accepted offer on. They have a contingency that they have to sell their house first before they can go forward with the closing on their new house. Who knows? Everything might fall into place so that we still get one of those two houses. Otherwise, it's a new day and we saw two more houses that we can tour. Which direction does God want us to go? We'll find out.... eventually.
For now, I'm just trusting that God will continue to guide us even though at times I feel like I'm on a wild goose chase trying to find a needle in a haystack. I'll find that needle one of these days. :-)
I can understand how discouraging all of these closed doors can be! But be encouraged - God is being faithful to answer your prayers in such clear ways!!! Sometimes it's hard to know what God wants, but at least you know what He doesn't want for you. And you can have joy in that truth - that He is opening and closing doors faithfully and will lead you to just the right house in His perfect timing!!!
ReplyDeleteI might add that sometimes along the way, it can really be amusing at the lengths God takes to close or open doors, and the creativity He has in that as well. Just continue to give Him credit and praise for His faithfulness in not allowing you to purchase the wrong house and the contentment and patience will come along side of your praise. :)