Sunday, February 17, 2013

Oh, Praise Him!

Lord,

You know my heart and you know how to fill it. This past weekend, I was reminded again of how I need to go to you to be filled with your Spirit before I can continue pouring myself out in ministry. I was so empty and drained. I needed you. Thank you for provided that to me.

The women I met were such a blessing. You spoke through them this weekend and I was so blessed by that. You spoke through their words and you spoke through our worship. You even spoke through the silence. I could actually hear you instead of drowning out your words with the busyness of life.

Please help me to remember that I can't do it all on my own. I sometimes forget that and want to take the glory in working on your behalf. I'm so selfish and controlling. I'm judgmental. But you already know that. You know the depths of my soul. You know my longings and desires.

Thank you for breaking me and molding me into who you want me to be. I'm weak, but You are strong through me. I praise you, Lord for your unending love and devotion to me. You are truly an awesome God.

I just couldn't get enough of Jesus on my ride home. Usually, I struggle to put God right there in front of me, but the drive home was another blessing in and of itself. I wasn't distracted with other thoughts trying to push their way in. God was there and it was so peaceful. He gave me answers to some of the questions I have been asking. He told me to "Wait." Normally, I would continue to press Him to just tell me already. I hate waiting. I always try to fill my time with something to pass through the waiting period. This weekend though, I've been encouraged to just enjoy that silence and really listen and fellowship with my Father. I just need to keep Him as my first love in my life.

Thank you, Lord, for showing me your truth and for caring about me. I sometimes think that my troubles are nothing compared to others, but you just see me as Your Child, one who desires to know You and to love you. You want me; all of me. I surrender.

Give Me Faith -- Elevation Worship
I need You to soften my heart,
To break me apart.
I need You to open my eyes,
To see that You're shaping my life.

All I am,
I surrender.

Give me faith to trust what You say
That You're good, and Your love is great.
I'm broken inside, I give You my life.

I need You to soften my heart,
To break me apart.
I need You to pierce through the dark
And cleanse every part of me.

I may be weak, but
Your Spirit's strong in me.
My flesh may fail, but
My God You never will.

This song really spoke to me this weekend. It's one of my new favorites. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment