Friday, April 26, 2013

Untangling my Life

Sometimes I have too much on my mind. I can't sift through it well enough to make it comprehensible on a blank sheet of paper (or a blog). Can't you just read my mind instead? You'd probably get lost in the jumble of my thoughts. It still wouldn't make sense. A giant spiderweb waiting to be untangled.

Writing is my therapy. It helps to unwind the threads that are my thoughts and roll it back into a sweet ball of yarn again.

What is it that I struggle with? What thoughts am I even talking about? Those questions float around in my head too!

The first thing that comes to mind -- I feel like I have all this passion inside of me to do something great, but I don't know what that is yet. I struggle with patience and waiting on what God wants me to do. In the meantime, I try to fill my time with busywork and dreaming. Maybe I read too many books -- I want to be the heroine who helps the town come together. I want to be the one that everyone comes to for advice. I want to travel. I want to leave a legacy. Sometimes I feel like I'm just stuck in Kansas waiting to go to Oz....

Well, that's one thing slightly unraveled. I better get back to cleaning my house and spending time with my daughter. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment