I feel like I've fallen behind on so many things. I keep telling myself that I'll just do it tomorrow or I'll wait until things slow down. My latest thought was that I would have some extra time once the kids were in school. Caleb would be gone all day and Sonya would have class 3 days a week for a few hours in the morning. Perfect! Time to myself! Time to do some deep cleaning and organizing the house, right?
WRONG!
I ended up helping in Sonya's class since they hadn't found a teacher's assistant yet. At the end of the school year, the previous assistant had resigned to take on a different job. So I thought to myself.... maybe that could be a great part-time job for me. But! It won't work because I don't want to send Sonya to daycare on the days that she doesn't have school. I still want to be a stay-at-home mommy with her.
Throughout the summer, I felt God working on my heart. "Michelle, this is something you should think about."
I still was hoping someone else would just take the job so it wouldn't taunt me.
The few weeks leading up to school starting, they still hadn't found a teacher's assistant. So I decided that I would help in the classroom until someone filled the position. The first couple of days were great. I really felt like I was where I needed to be and I somehow had extra energy when I first got home to do a little bit of cleaning before I crashed. But I wasn't ready to commit to doing it every day.
Still... no teacher's assistant. Still... I didn't want to work on Sonya's days off.
Then, out of the blue, the teacher asked if I would be interested in applying for 3 days a week, to work solely on the days that Sonya had class. I still wasn't 100% convinced, but said I would think and pray about it.
I kept seeing God's hand orchestrating all of this. While, I'm probably going to miss those hours I would've had all to myself, I've decided that these kids need me more and as a bonus, I get to see my Sonya more often. :-)
Application in. Interview officially next week. I'm excited to see what God has in store -- hopefully an ABUNDANCE of patience! (and maybe the cleaning elves will come out of the wood works while I'm gone... wishful thinking. lol)
No comments:
Post a Comment