Friday, October 14, 2011

Girlfriends in God

I just found a new favorite blog: http://www.girlfriendsingod.com.

It's filled with so much inspiration as well as conviction. The reason I stumbled upon it was because I was looking for a devotion to do at Girls' Night last night. It was also a celebration of baby Lincoln so I wanted it to relate to motherhood as well as being a wife and a friend. The one I chose was about words -- how to encourage others, how to control our tongue especially when we have negative thoughts that want to spill out.

As a mother, I try my best to show my kids how much I appreciate them. I know I can always do a better job of recognizing the positive qualities in them and actually telling them versus bragging to friends and family or blogging about it. Today at lunch, I told Sonya why I loved her. She may not have contributed to the conversation or even really understood what I was saying, but I could tell that she was devouring the attention. She even laughed at the appropriate times.

Lord, help me to be a cheerleader for my friends and family by encouraging them and loving on them. Help me see through the distractions of my life so I can manage my time better so I can spend it by glorifying You. I don't want to be careless with my words. Guide my thoughts and actions so they can build others up instead of focusing on the negative. Give me the words with which to train my children in your Word instead of becoming counteractive by yelling or getting angry.

There are so many other things I could write about this topic, but I'll keep this short for now. I'm just so thankful for finding a blog that can help me get my daily dose of God in.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the devotional last night. It was just what I needed to hear, and what God has been working on my heart about. Thanks for being His faithful servant!

    ReplyDelete