This past year has been filled with so many blessings. I can't even count them all. The biggest ones of course are the easiest to remember -- like buying a house or Tim's new position at work. The small blessings are the ones that I'm most thankful for -- our health, a roof over our head, plenty of food to eat, comfort, opportunities to serve at church and in the community, love, family, laughter, joy, prayer, and more. It's truly been a year to be thankful for.
Now... if only I had some snow to go along with my birthday. You're probably wondering what in the world is she talking about?
Is she crazy?
Yes, I am. I admit it, but if you already knew me well, you wouldn't have had to ask that question. haha...
Every year I pray for snow on my birthday. For some reason, I didn't think to do it this year. The past few birthdays have had more than just light flurries too! The ground was covered in a few inches with big, wet flakes falling out of the sky. The weather was almost like a blizzard. So it was always fun to stay inside and cuddle up with a good book and a mug of tea or hot chocolate. Today, it's very strange to celebrate another year of my life without having that beautiful, white wonderland outside. I'll survive though. I know there's more plenty more time for snow to come yet. There are so many more blessings yet to come!
Happy birthday Michelle! I am so thankful to have you as a friend. You have been a blessing and an encouragement to me. I hope you have great day!
ReplyDeleteBtw, I think I heard there were snow flurries in the forecast. :)
Thanks Liz! I have yet to see these flurries though! We didn't have any here probably since we're so close to the lake. Oh well, I know we'll get some soon enough. :-)
ReplyDelete