Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Five pounds of gunk....

Today, I'm finally feeling better -- not quite 100%, but getting there. The five pounds of gunk that I felt in my chest is almost gone. Thank goodness! It seriously felt like there was a weight pushing down on my lungs so I couldn't get enough oxygen.

You're going to laugh, but today.... I put a bra on for the first time in two weeks. It's the little things that you take for granted. Well, I can't say that wearing a bra is normally comfortable in all other circumstances, but for the record, it does make me feel more like a woman.

Anyway, I'm so thankful that I'm on the road to recovery because I've been looking forward to a weekend "away" with my husband. It's our anniversary tomorrow. I can't believe it's been 4 years already. Sometimes it seems longer -- in a good way of course. I'm excited to just spend time alone with my husband. It's been two years since we had our last overnight date. So it's long overdue. We've had our date nights, but they just don't compare to spending a whole day and night without kids. I'm not exactly sure what the plan is since it was supposed to be a surprise. All I know is that the kids are going by my parents where my sister will also be helping watch the kids and we're going to a B&B in Mayville.

For a second there, I was going to write a tribute to Tim. Then I noticed the title of this post and figured it might not be appropriate to lump Tim in with five pounds of gunk. haha...  Well, in case I don't get to that post until a later date, I appreciate Tim with all my heart. I really don't know what I would've done if I hadn't met him. He makes me laugh, he's a hard worker, and he is a man of God. I couldn't have asked for a better husband. Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment