Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Case of the "Almost" 30's

Today, I went in to see the dentist. I needed a filling. Ugh! I was NOT looking forward to it. So while my mouth was slowly getting number, the dental assistant started chatting with me. She was a very pleasant woman and gave me a very nice compliment, I think.

Dental Assistant: So are you a student?
Me: (contemplating how to break it to her....) I'm actually married with two kids.
Dental Assistant: Oh really? I never would've guessed. How old are your kids?
Me: One is six and..
Dental Assistant: Six! Wow! You don't look like you'd have any that old. How old is the other one?
Me: She's two and half.
Dental Assistant: You look so young.
Me: Well, I guess that'll serve me well when I get older.

Sometimes I can't believe I'm 28 going on 29 in December. How did the time fly by so fast?

Yet, I look in the mirror and I haven't aged too much. That's a good thing, right?

I just don't want to look like I'm too young to be a mom. But... I guess if I'm 50 and look like I'm 40, I'll take that. So in a sense, I've been given a compliment. If I had the choice of having to look older than I am or younger, I'd take younger any day.

So.... next year, I turn the big 3-0. It seems like it's so far away, but it's less than a year and a half from now. Some of my friends are in their 30's already, but they don't seem that "old." It seems impossible for me to approach mine. Again, how did the time fly by so fast?

Meanwhile, the feeling in my mouth/cheek is slowly starting to return. Yeah, it's only been 4.5 hours since they numbed me. haha

Here's to aging gracefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment