Wednesday, November 14, 2012

On sensitive topics....

It's been a while again.... I miss blogging yet I somehow let myself go for weeks without writing. It doesn't make sense. If I like writing so much, why would I wait so long to blog?

Well, there's no shortage of topics. It's just a matter of whether or not I deem myself intelligent enough to argue my points. Some of the topics are a little more sensitive so that's part of it. The other part is that I don't want to get caught up in a game of judgment. I have my thoughts and beliefs on things, but I'm not out to force those on anyone else or put others in difficult positions.

That's my struggle. I care too much about what other people think of me and especially of what opinion people would get of me if I suddenly started to write about my true feelings on gay marriage, abortion, and even more controversial right now: the government. I've done really well at keeping these topics out of my Facebook statuses even though a part of me really would've loved to have a good debate. I just didn't want to give into that temptation because I knew I'd become like a lot of other people I saw on Facebook: spiteful, resentful, hurt.

While there are people out there that don't really care what people think of them when they write about sensitive topics, I'm just too chicken. Maybe I shouldn't care, but I do. Maybe it's God's way of trying to keep the peace. It's an internal struggle I deal with.

If you saw all the blog posts that I've compiled in my head, you'd think I should write a book. There are so many that never even made it to typed writing while others were typed, but never made it to the publishing page.

That's all I've got for now. I know it's not very exciting. Maybe one of these days, I'll venture out and share more. But for now, I'll have to be content with writing a book in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment