People have been praying for me. I can tell. God has given me an overwhelming sense of peace and contentment right now. I don't feel worried about the things that had me feeling anxious before.
On a normal day, I'm a chronic worrier and I want to solve the world's problems. I worry about my family and my friends thinking that if I worry enough for them, they won't have to. I guess I try to take it all on myself instead of letting God just take it all instead. But when I do that, I'm doing no one a favor and I'm definitely not trusting the Lord when I should be.
Leading up to this past weekend, I wanted to really be a blessing to Tim's family as they are going through some trials right now. Mostly, I just wanted to bring a meal and some other goodies so they wouldn't have to worry about cooking as much. I was trying to be strong for them even though I was also feeling sad about the situation. Instead of dealing with my feelings though, I just hid them behind a smile and laughter. I attempted to be upbeat and positive. While it was probably what they all needed, it was exhausting in some respects.
Yesterday though, at a time when I most needed it, I felt at peace about it all. God was in control again and all was well in the world. Well, I should say that the trials are still there with Tim's family. I'm just realizing again how our time on earth is but a wave tossed in the ocean. So the weight of the world is no longer on my shoulders, it's on the shoulders of my heavenly Father.
To my friends - thank you so much for your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment