Sometimes it's hard to hear the quiet whisper of Truth, the voice of Jesus, while the world is SHOUTING at us, "You deserve this!" and "This is your right!"
Ladies (and men!), I encourage you to be still and listen to His voice today. You are loved by an amazing God who cares SO deeply for you! Here's a psalm I wrote this morning that I wanted to share. It's rough and raw, but it's my heart.
A Psalm - Daughter of the King
When pride and selfishness rear their ugly heads
and I want to be in control,
God whispers quietly into my ear,
"Daughter, I made everything. I know what's best for you.
Trust me."
When envy takes me outside my contentment zone,
He gently reminds me,
"Daughter, I have given you all that you need.
Trust me."
When I'm feeling lost and have no direction,
the Father tells me,
"Daughter, be patient. I know the plan and my plan is good.
Trust me."
When I feel discouraged and alone,
He says,
"Daughter, You are NEVER alone for I am always with you.
Trust me."
When my critical spirit dominates my day,
My Lord teaches me,
"Daughter, follow me in all that you do and say.
Trust that my way is good."
When I feel consumed by pains and hurts of the past,
God comforts me,
"Daughter, forgive them again as I have forgiven you.
Let me be your all in all."
When I doubt my abilities and my beauty,
He encourages me,
"You are the daughter of a King.
I made you. You are wonderful and you are beautiful."
No comments:
Post a Comment