Last night, I woke up soon after falling asleep. The pain in my abdomen was intense. It had been throbbing most of the day and pain killers just barely touched the worst of it. Yes, I'm talking about my monthly friend. I don't know why we refer to it as a "friend" as it's far from that. It's not a welcoming visit that I look forward to other than to confirm that I'm not expecting baby #3 quite yet. I was content not getting my friend for almost two years while I was pregnant with and nursing my youngest child. Anyway, I couldn't sleep. No position felt comforting to me. So I got out of bed and made my way to the couch, pillow in hand, to watch "Under the Tuscan Sun." I laid awake while completely captured by this movie. I felt inspired by the love and romance in Italy.
Lately, I've been trying to find an appropriate, yet romantic theme for our bedroom. Now, I have thoughts of transforming it to have the atmosphere of a Tuscan villa out in the countryside. It'd be tough and probably expensive to do though. Maybe Tim and I could just travel there instead. I've always wanted to go to Europe so I could see the vineyards and taste the fresh cheeses and walk through the markets to watch people bustling by as they make their produce purchases for the day. Movies make those types of places so enchanting. I only hope that my imagination of what it would be like is a dull comparison to the reality of it all.
While I was trying to doze off to sleep again, I made a feeble attempt to romanticize Port Washington. Of course I did not have a pen or paper near me so I recited it all in my head. The words seem so distant, lost in the fog of my memory. The gentle breeze running past my face like a warm kiss upon my cheek. I step outside to breathe in the sweet, cool air. It smells like rain; the long, neglected blades of grass glisten in the pale moonlight. Everything that had seemed so important faded into the background as I remembered what it was like to be an innocent child once again. Colors so vibrant surrounded me -- the morning sky, a pale greyish-blue with shades of red and yellow, a bright, fiery orange dancing in the sky while the majestic clouds illuminate the sunrise even more.
Purple petals so deeply beautiful ...
Like I said, the words sounded better when I was daydreaming after the movie. I can't fully capture the words and images that I pictured in my mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment